Monday, January 17, 2011

Post is gone

I had a nice long post ready and my husband got on the computer and closed my screen.
Very disappointing.

Basically it was just about looking on the bright side of things and cherishing what I have, rather than focusing on my losses.

It was based on the fact that I have had three pets (1 cat and 2 bunnies) die within the last six months.
I cared for these animals and loved them so much and have been so sad ever since they passed, but I need to look on the bright side of things.

I told my husband I am just going to focus on the two kitty's that I currently have and not worry about getting another bunny for a while. I need time to re-coop from the loss of the other two.

My poor boy. When we told him Bandito was our second angel bunny he said "Now we have to get another bunny". We explained to him that we wouldn't be getting another one. That we would just have Dexter and Bracelet and not worry about getting another bunny.
He seemed ok with that.

This totally makes me sound like a bad animal owner, but let me explain.
The cat that we lost, I had no intention of adopting but something drew me to her. I brought her home and the next day she died in my arms. Got a necropsy done and she was born with a heart defect and heart failure.
The 1st bunny that died was because the lady who gave us this bun took him away from his mommy too soon and he wasn't ready to leave her yet.
And Bandito had respiratory issues and passed away. He couldn't even make it to the vet.

If you know bunnies, you know they hide their weaknesses as long as possible and by the time they show symptoms it's usually too late to help them.

SMILE
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile


IMG_5650
Ora pretending that Bracelet is a baby and "feeding" her.

IMG_5648
If I didn't know any better, I would think that Bracelet was playing along and humoring Ora. She would actually lick the spoon.

Day 7
I can not WAIT to meet this boy! 18 more weeks to go!

IMG_5717
We were at Auntie Aprils house when Judah spilled his drink all over himself. He had to wear one of Beccas pj's while I washed his clothes. He was not amused at first and put up a bit of a fight because it was for girls and he was a boy! :)

IMG_5714
My daughters perfect toes!

IMG_5708
Most beautiful 7 month old baby girl. Adalee Rae

IMG_5696
Got bored and painted my nails like this. Then Ora wanted me to do her. I did and he smudged them before I could get a picture!

IMG_5693
Isn't she lovely?

IMG_5692
CUTE KIDS! Where did they come from?

IMG_5691
My sweetie! He'll probably hate me when he is older for these pictures :)

IMG_5721
Later he decided to wear a couple of my shirts!

IMG_5718
Cheezball!

IMG_5735
Sand art the kiddos made for Jonathan for his birthday!

My kids with their Nana (my mother in law).
Beautiful singing huh?

2 comments:

Jen said...

It seems like you did just fine without that post you wrote ;-)

LOVE these pictures! The kids are so adorable!!

Happy Monday Darling! xo

mommatojoa said...

Thank you Jen!
My other post was a lot more detailed lol.

I didn't want to re-type it all :)