Friday, February 11, 2011

Flashback Friday

Don't forget to sign up for my GIVEAWAY! ENDS FEB 15, 2011 CLICK HERE ENTER!

Ora Koryn Terbush
Weight: 7 lbs 0.9oz
Length: 19 3/4 inches
Head Circumference: 13 3/4 inches
APGAR's 7,9

So at 7:30am I arrived at the hospital and got all signed in.
We went up to labor and delivery, got hooked up to an IV with the regular saline drip.
Dr. Ross had told me he would be in at 8:00am to 8:30am to break my water.
Well he didn't show up at the hospital until 9:30am!!! Late and I was getting really grumpy because I was like "Why did I come in at 7:00am just to sit here and do absolutely nothing."

So he had three women before me to start inducing and so the nurse started me on a low dose of pitocin at about 9:45am.

Dr Ross came in around 9:50am and told me that I was 4 cm dilated and 70% effaced.

At 10:30 I started getting some uncomfortable contractions and so I asked for my epidural because I didn't want to feel the pain haha!!. The anesthesiologist showed up at 11:30am and by then I felt like such a wimp cause they had barely broken my water and had me on hardly any pitocin.

Well while they were trying to find the "sweet spot" I started getting contractions to the point that I could barely breathe and was "white knuckling" my pillow and shaking.

Not long after they gave me the epidural they checked me (around 12:00/12:30) and told me I was only 5 cm dilated. I REALLY felt like a BIG BIG BIG wuss cause I hurt so bad. April proceeded to say "Wow, this is going to take forever". Well between then and 1:30 my contractions shot up to where they were off the charts and even with an epidural I was crying because it hurt so bad, and just like with my son I said "You need to go get the nurse because I am hurting and I have to push." Again no one really believed how serious I was because it was only like an hour and I had HORRIBLE contrations already.

The nurse came and checked me and said "Oh, Hi baby.... Yep, it's time to start pushing, let me call your doctor." Well I was hurting and wanting to push so bad with each contraction when the nurse came back in within just a couple minutes which felt quite a lot like at least an hour because of the pain. I said "Where's my doctor?" and she said he was on his way.

She then walked out for a second or so and then I look at Jonathan and said "I am trying to hold it, but I really need to push.. Are to ready to catch a baby in case he doesn't get here in time?" Jonathan said "Yes, if I have to." Well in like 1 minute my doc came in and he got all dressed up and I started pushing at 1:35.

I pushed for a whole ten minutes and she was born, but it really felt like I was pushing for hours because of the PAIN!!!

At 1:45pm Ora Koryn Terbush was born, weighing 7lbs 0.9oz (or you can just say 1 oz lol). She was 19 3/4 inches long and her head was 13 3/4 inches in circumference!
Her apgars were 7,9. She didn't want to cry AT ALL when she came out.
She still doesn't like to cry. She is fairly quiet right now but that could change at any point in time!

Ora is an amazing nurser once she wakes up. She really enjoys sleeping and giving mommy a run for her money when it comes to waking her up!


Us with Dr. Ross...






















^^She's a spotted ghost! lol


















^^Yes, she is very rashy.. Not her fault but shes cute anyway! :)



^^Getting her hearing tested.

This is a post made from 2 posts from my livejournal!
My baby girl was so little!


Mrs.Vickie said...

Can I copy your flashback Friday?? I love this!!!

AmyLee said...

wow, you only pushed for 10 minutes?? you're a super star!

mommatojoa said...

Vickie! Of course. Lots of people do flashback fridays! :)

Amy! I did push for only 10 minutes with her, and it was 20 mintutes with my son! :)