Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dinner with the Kiwis!

So some of the Kiwi's came in on the 8th around 6 pm.
It was my husbands Aunt Allison and Uncle Alan, my mother in laws sister and brother in law.

Since we all only get to see each other about once every 5 years or so, we all had dinner last night in Longmont at my husbands grandparents house.

Later this week Allison and Alans kids will be flying in. I think everyone is excited to see each other. The last time Jonathan saw his cousins was shortly after he and I got married in '05 when we flew down to New Zealand (my first time out of the US!) for Nana and Granddads 50th wedding anniversary.

Come June and July, my mother in laws brother Christopher and his wife Beth will be coming along with their 4 kids. They will get to meet Ari as a baby! None of the New Zealanders got to meet Judah or Ora until they were older.


Anyway back to last night.
We all just got to hang out and talk.
I don't really talk that much, I tend to be more of an observer. I basically only speak when spoken too lol.
It was fun.


On the way up there and on the way back Jonathan and I listened to a tape about parenting and it really made me realize that I can not raise my kids on my own. I need the Lords help or there is no way I will be able to cope with all the frustrations and hard times in parenting.

Also my kids are not my "property" and I don't own them. They are precious gifts that the wonderful Lord has loaned to me and I know when they leave my house when they grow up, I will be giving them back to God and He will be the one to watch over them and take care of them. I will no longer have the constant contact with them that I had when they were small and it's not "All I can do is pray for them" it's "Praying for them is the best thing!"

I need to teach my child right from wrong. I need to teach them how to be good Godly men and woman! It's my responsibility to show them the way to Christ.

I am raising these precious gifts from God and He is trusting me to do what is best for them.

This scares me a lot. Sometimes I wonder why He chose ME to be their mother when most of the time I feel like I am failing as a parent.

All I know is I need to pray and ask God for wisdom, patience and guidance in my role as a mother from here on out!.


1 Samuel 1:27-28 (New International Version)

27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.” And he worshiped the LORD there.



Playing at great nana and grandads place in Longmont.

Playing with great aunt allisons old toys

Playing with toys

More playing!

Great Aunt Allison and Great Grandad playing with the kids!






On a different note. I am lame and really need to start taking my Canon with me places again. I am just so tired all the time and I don't want to lug it around. My phone is so easy because I can snap the pic and upload it right away. Oh well. I am sure I will eventually get around to it.

1 comment:

Divvy Up Diva said...

Hello! Just stopping by from the Weekend Blog Hop! I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more! I hope you will stop by my blog to visit and to follow me back :)
http://divvyupdiva.blogspot.com/