Thursday, May 26, 2011

Birth Story and Pictures

Ariah Patrick Lee T.
Born May 10, 2011 @ 37 weeks
10 lbs 13.5 oz
21 in long
14 in circumference head

On Tuesday the 10 of May, I woke up at around 2:30. I went to the bathroom and noticed a little bit of blood. I ignored it for the time being. I went to go lay back sow. On the couch and felt a sharp cramp in my lower stomach.

I called my husband and he asked if there was a baby on the way. I said "I think so!". He came to me and asked what I wanted to do. I said I wanted to take a shower. While in the shower I was feeling contractions. Timed them when I got out and they were coming eery 4 minutes lasting 30 seconds. I didn't not hurt at all so I almost just stayed home but decided to go in. We got the kids ready and dropped them off at my parents house.

We got to the hospital around 4 am, got admitted and walked to labor and delivery. On the way up I was laughing at the contractions because they didn't hurt. I was fully expecting them to tell me to go home but when I got cecked they said I was 7 cm dilated. They said that my bag of waters was bulging as well.

I was not dilating fast like the women in my family tend to do.

Well I ended up getting stuck at 9 cm dilated for 4 excruciating hours and finally asked for my epidural. The epidural didn't take I was then begging for a c-section because I knew I was going to be having a big baby and the doc had told me it was a possibility that I would need one. The nurses ignored me and kept saying I needed to try vaginal so on and so forth, but after 4 hours and nothing progressing I knew it wasn't going to happen. Finally my doctor came in and said we needed to do a c-section. I asked how long it would take to get me in and everything and he said 15 minutes. I was crying saying "I don't have 15 minutes. I need the pain gone now. ". My husband was so scared. He said I has look on my face that he had only seen one time before and tha was right before I tried to OD on ambien.

They finally got me in and gave me my spinal and the numbing was such a relief after so long of hard painful labor I started falling asleep. I forced myself to stay awake so I could are my baby before they took my baby away.

I got one little glimpse of him before they took him to clean him up and what not. Then I got to see him for another split second before they took him to the NICU.

I was zoning out and falling asleep during the sewing up and what not of my wound.

I just rested during the time I was in the recovery room.

I didn't get to see Ari until later that night when the meds wore off and I could move a little bit. I was too sore to move too much.

Ari is still in the hospital as of today. He has had to be on methadone and fenabarbatol (sp) for withdrawl symptoms.

He was also growing as a baby of a gestational diabetic mother, even though I didn't have diabetes but his lungs were under developed so he needed to be intubated for a while.
He is currently on a nasal canula now.

My baby is just so beautiful and I am so in love with him!

My gigantic little boy! Love him. Oh yeah. He also had to be put in little restraints because he was strong and kept pulling off all his leads and was trying to pull his tube out!

Big hand!

Big squishy man. I want to hold him soooo bad!!!!


Only tiny part of him, his teeny tiny ears awww

Cuuuuute chubby dude

My oldest little man.
Happy big brother!

J-bug and I. I look like crap. Back to weight watchers I go!!
Myself and Judah. Don't mind my looks. I don't look so hot after my c-section.

Ariah Patrick Lee Terbush. My sweet boy

My boys like to give me a run for my money and make the first few weeks hard on this momma!!!

Judah got to meet his brother for the first time!! He was so happy!
Judah meets Ari for the first time!

Sedation is done. He's fiesty though! He keeps trying to pull everything off of him.

Holding my boy for the first time!!!! No more intubation!!!!
Finally not intubated anymore so I got to home him!

Mixed emotions. So happy to.hold him for the first time so sad to have.to leave.him in the NICU

Ari is 1 week old today!!!! Mybig boy!
ONe week old!

1

2

3

4

6

7

11

16
Ari and his little monster I won from a giveaway!

32

33

29

34

35

36

45

3

9
Yes that is a size one diaper. lol My newborn needs to be in size 2 diapers! :)

2

1

3

7

10

11

I look horrible but its 10 pm what do you expect

I am in love.

No comments: